Possible death of calculators in education?
05-17-2017, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 09:11 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Possible death of calculators in education?
Hello!

(05-17-2017 08:22 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Having larger and fewer tiles would make the calculator easier to use, and rebuilding them as needed (context-sensitive) would allow very rapid access to all functions. None of this scrolling down long alphabetical lists of cryptic names, either!

I would like that! But I can't think of a way this could be implemented without some kind of "clairvoyancy" of the calculator about his master's wishes. For example: I am pretty much certain that 98 percent of calculations use either +,-,*,/,Enter(=). So after finishing the entry of numbers, those five keys could fill the entire screen and most users would be happy with that in most cases. But how can the calculator know the the user doesn't want to key in more numbers?
For a start we could do away with triple labeled keys in emulated calculators and only display labels which make sense in the current context (i.e. no programming functions displayed when not in programming mode).

And regarding Garageband you are spot on. An electronic music instrument which does not contain an electronic music instrument (sythesizer) is very incomplete.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible death of calculators in education? - Maximilian Hohmann - 05-17-2017 09:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)