Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
05-29-2017, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2017 02:56 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators
(05-29-2017 12:04 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-28-2017 10:50 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Both questions are still open, although due to some searches on the forum I realized that it is likely that whatever book about userRPL, aside from the focus on functions that may have changes, is helpful. So I should not restrict myself to the AUR only.

But still I would like to find a definition of what can be in the variable name in userRPL, did not find it so far.

From the 50g User Manual, p. 2-9:

As far as books to learn RPL, I believe the best are Bill Wickes books ( Vols-1 & 2 for the 48SX and Revised Vol-1 for the GX). Other books have longer and/or better catalogs of functions, etc. but no book I've ever found does a better job at explaining some of the elegant and subtle aspects of RPL, explained through non-trivial and quite useful examples.

All 3 of these books are included in the MoHPC Document Set, though as always the real books are more satisfying (though not cheap!).

Thanks for the hint! For the variables, I remember the description in the user guide but it is exactly at the non alphanumeric chars that is vague. For example a point 'var.var' is ok, but an underscore 'var_var' is not, even between letters. Well I guess I will discover the rest by trial and error.

I should buy the mohpc set then, even just to finance the forum. Is it possible to buy/pay the documents accessing them in an online repository (Google Drive?), or is not possible without flash drive? This because, well, I tend to forget what thumb drive is for what, since I do not consider them as "fixed" as books. I use them mostly as rewritable memory.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators - pier4r - 05-29-2017 02:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)