Cuveesoft.ch emulators - getting programs to them on an iPhone
03-17-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Cuveesoft.ch emulators - getting programs to them on an iPhone
Hi there, thrilled to see this discussion about my simulators. Maybe I can clear up a few things.

Gene:
You did just fine. After pasting, be sure to exit edit mode, so RPN-65 can translate the text. I admit, it's not obvious how to do so; there simply wasn't space for a "Done" button... One way to leave edit mode is to tap the white margin left or right.

RobertM:
It's okay to leave line numbers in as long as they have at least two digits. So:
02 clx
002 clx
02: clx
002: clx
will all work, while
2 clx
2: clx
will not.

You can paste programs in the display (in W/PRGM mode), as you described. On the iPhone versions, an even better way is to tap the display once to switch to a full edit screen where you can paste and edit your program. Tapping "Save" will copy the program to the calculator's program memory. You'll still need the card manager to store everything on a card.

And you're right: programs are stored as standard plain-text XML files. No fancy stuff, no binary code embedded. I've added a bit of documentation to my website today. See the "Advanced" section of RPN-67/97.

The next update will also accept X<-->Y, X<-->0, X<-->I, as well as X=/=Y and X=/=0. In addition, the question mark in X<Y? etc. will be optional.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me via my website. I love getting comments and suggestions.

And please consider sending me programs you've converted from old documents so I can make them available for download.

Willy Kunz
CuVee Software

P.S. Can someone point me to Don Shepherd's Prime factor program? I've only found a dead link.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuveesoft.ch emulators - getting programs to them on an iPhone - Willy R. Kunz - 03-17-2017 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)