Happy Birthday DM42L (sample)
02-18-2017, 02:36 AM
RE: Happy Birthday DM42L (sample)
(02-17-2017 11:17 PM)Luigi Vampa Wrote:  I think the DM42L could be, most likely, priced as the DM41L. If so, it seems sensible to think it might have its own place in SM's portfolio, positioned at half the price of the flagship DM42P. Once the market gets flooded with the latter, then SM could add the DM42L into its catalog, as a "poor man's HP42s replica" that would make plenty of happy campers too. It may sound like business fiction, but it seems more than plausible to me.
Regarding the prospect market, only SM knows how many units of each model they have sold so far. In this forum... we could mean... say... 200 (active) members?

Points taken, though a marketing video does not a true prototype make.

But I do like your thinking about the SM product line and positioning the L model as the poorer cousin introduced after the initial 42P demand has peaked. You must be playing your favorite game (armchair CEO) a lot; its leading to some devious planning. As noted, I can see using both P and L versions, and hope I get the chance to, but still have doubts on demand. We'll have to wait a while to see.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Happy Birthday DM42L (sample) - vido - 02-15-2017, 10:08 PM
RE: Happy Birthday DM42L (sample) - Jlouis - 02-16-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: Happy Birthday DM42L (sample) - rprosperi - 02-18-2017 02:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)