On Convergence Rates of Root-Seeking Methods
03-08-2018, 05:35 AM
RE: On Convergence Rates of Root-Seeking Methods
I'm new to this subject and I found this subject is very interesting.

My first time to try the Root-Seeking feature is from the HP-15C SOLVE function.
I don't know much about the convergence speed of the SOLVE function because I don't have the actual HP-15C but use the Emulator for PC computer that always run very fast on all kind of equations.

Since I just got the HP-11C and this doesn't have the SOLVE feature like the 15C. Then I noticed that in the 11C Owner's Handbook it got the Newton's Method program so this is the second time that I try this root-seeking program. This turn out to be a very slow root-seeking program which I noticed that the reason that way very slow because of the 11C slow computational CPU itself.

I happen to try other program that use "Regula Falsi method"
I try on 11C this method is much faster than the Newton's Method with this Regula Falsi program you need to provide reference points to X1 and X2 while providing the reference point this can be check right away if that two points is far apart or not when done give it the tolerant and start to compute when done can check for the accuracy against 0 value. If the answer not accurate enough just press R/S again for better more accuracy.

I'm new to this Algorithm I'll post this program later on.

Gamo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Convergence Rates of Root-Seeking Methods - Gamo - 03-08-2018 05:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)