What HP calculator should I buy
01-24-2017, 10:53 AM
RE: What HP calculator should I buy
Thanks for the replies everyone. I managed to find Debug4x's emulator for the 50g and spent three hours on it programming and playing last night. I've written a couple of small programs already to do some of the tasks I've got automated and assigned them to user keys. Very simple drop values on the stack and run type programs but that's all I need. The infinite stack and RPL have sold it for me completely.

One is on the way to me from Amazon. Thanks everyone.

Quick comment regarding the TI89/92 series. I owned a TI92+ for a couple of years and while powerful it was completely inconvenient. I thought if I bought a TI89 (original blue one) things would be better but alas no, it was the same device with even less ability to access all functions.

42s would be nice looking at it but unfortunately availability is a problem. I'll only buy something I can actually replace at any point in time if it's for day to day use. The 42 would require eBay shenanigans which I can't rely on for daily use.

Unfortunately this whole thing has driven a collecting bug. I can see why people are enthusiastic about these machines. I myself tend to collect Heathkit and HP electronic test equipment. HP calculators may get added to that Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What HP calculator should I buy - setq - 01-23-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: What HP calculator should I buy - setq - 01-24-2017 10:53 AM
RE: What HP calculator should I buy - 48GX - 01-24-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: What HP calculator should I buy - setq - 09-24-2017, 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)