Free42x - HP-IL extensions to Free42
11-05-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Free42x - HP-IL extensions to Free42
(11-05-2016 08:34 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  I have disabled the firewall on Windows but still get the same problem. It seems that it is actually the PC than cannot succesfully connect to the Android phone, altough it can ping its IP without problems. Is there a defaut firewall on Android 6.0.1 that would prevent the connection ? How to turn it off ?
It can also come from your network setup. The PC is connected to WIFI too ?
Some WIFI AP may prevent host to host communication, but this sould also prevent communication from your Phone to your PC.
You can also test a telnet (or putty) to Phone IP address + ingoing port.
Netstat is another useful tool to check connections status.

And, AFAIK, there is no firewall incorporated in Android, but I may be wrong, my Nexus 4 support doesn't go beyond Lollipop !

(11-05-2016 08:34 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Another question: you wrote that PRLCD command does not work well because commands are translated into 82162a commands, and the 821262a line spacing does not allow smooth graphics. But I read somewhere else in the forum that the 82162a allowed to control line spacing and possibily reduce it to zero, and that was an advantage over the previous 82143a printer. So who is right ? Smile Any possible confusion with the 82240 printer than came next ?

Maybe I should read again the 82143a user manual
, but I don't remember of any line spacing control command.
I'll take any details you can get about this Smile
I'm fully aware of the actual printer management limits, but have not found any workaround yet.

cheers. Jean-Christophe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Free42x - HP-IL extensions to Free42 - jch - 11-02-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Free42x - HP-IL extensions to Free42 - jch - 11-05-2016 09:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)