SCUBA - Nitrox and Trimix for HP-41
09-14-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: SCUBA - Nitrox and Trimix for HP-41
(09-14-2016 04:25 PM)4ster Wrote:  My second hobby lately has been rediscovering my HP-41. I wrote this to support my first hobby.

A few remarks:

1. CLRGX is a CX function and not available on other '41 calculators. Instead of 0,004 CLRGX you should simply use CLX STO 01 STO 02 STO 03 STO 04. That's just five bytes and thus even requires less memory than the CLRGX version. And, more important, it runs on any 41.

2. There are several XEQ 13 calls that obviously are used to display output. But there never is a return from this subroutine as it ends with a jump to LBL 00 (prompt for next input). I looks like you meant GTO 13 in every case that now reads XEQ 13. Or, to be honest, simply replace the two occurences of "XEQ 13" by a simple AVIEW GTO 00. This does the same and it's shorter and faster. After this LBL 13 can be removed completely.

The same is true for the XEQ 12s. In both cases this should be GTO 12.

3. The CLA in line 08 is not required. And why do you set flag 29 in line 7 and clear it directly afterwards (without any operation where flag 29 makes a difference)?

4. I don't know anything about diving, but this sounds like a useful program. So why don't you post it to the HP41 Software Library? After some minor changes... ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCUBA - Nitrox and Trimix for HP-41 - Dieter - 09-14-2016 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)