HEPAX program and PowerCL not compatible on 41CL?
08-14-2016, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 07:54 PM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HEPAX program and PowerCL not compatible on 41CL?
(08-14-2016 06:38 PM)mfleming Wrote:  So then I thought I'd add the PowerCL utilities to the above mix. I used the instructions for adding Library4 (4LIB) in the 41CL manual by poking the flash image address into the page 4 MMU register. After confirming the presence of the library with the HEPAX 002 command, I tried loading the PowerCL image (PWRL). I used the XCAT command to verify that PowerCL loaded correctly.

But now when I run a program from HEPAX memory, the display scrolls the message below: #4 ON-LINE

The program in HEXPAX memory does not run. I've tried the PowerCL module on page 7 and page 9 with the same result. So, is it the case that HEPAX and PowerCL are not compatible with one another, or is there a problem with my configuration? Alternate Library 4 perhaps? Put HEPAX elsewhere? I haven't found an answer in the documentation! Any advice or suggestions?

The scrolling message you're seeing comes up when executing the header function of the PowerCL Extreme module. This indicates there's probably a version mismatch in there. The PowerCL _Extreme is meant to be used with the YFNX = The Extreme Functions of the CL. The FAT entries in the YFNX and YFNP are not compatible, so the PowerCL and PowerCl_Extreme need to be paired with the matching YFN's to ensure the proper calls are made.

Try that and let's see if the issues go away...

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEPAX program and PowerCL not compatible on 41CL? - Ángel Martin - 08-14-2016 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)