Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
09-25-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
Sorry for replying so late.

(09-22-2016 06:02 PM)Dieter Wrote:  There are only a few issues. For instance the printout seems to replace some special characters and symbols by those from another font. Take a look at the X<>Y in line 93. Since the character widths do not match this line is out of alignment (here the line is a bit too short). I am not sure how this character replacement is implemented exactly, maybe you (Bernhard) can shed some light on this. Also I wonder why the divide symbol is "/" instead of "÷".

The problem is that none of the available fonts exactly matches the HP-19C printer font. The "exchange" single character wasn't even present in the Courier New font, so I replaced it by two characters <>, loosing the alignment. And the divide symbol can appear only, if you choose the HP82240R font.

(09-22-2016 06:02 PM)Dieter Wrote:  And then there is the line spacing issue (compare the output with a picture of a real 19C). I already suggested a possible fix, but maybe you have another idea. The listing on the right of the picture gives an impression of how it could look like.

I didn't find a setting for the line spacing in the font class of c#, maybe I was not searching consequently enough.

(09-22-2016 06:02 PM)Dieter Wrote:  And maybe someone in this community even is able to design a dedicated HP printer font for the 19C/97 and other printing calculators from this era. In this case we would have to define some special characters.

This would solve all of the above HP-19C printer issues. Smile

(09-22-2016 06:02 PM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW, the position of the print mode slider obviously is not saved in the "ContinuousMemory" file. Maybe this could be changed.

The slider position is not part of the "Continuous Memory" RAM, it is a mechanical memory, which is not saved to disk. The HP-19C emulator always starts in MAN mode, as well as it always starts in RUN mode. BTW it doesn't save either, whether the f or g prefix was pressed before switching off.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators - PANAMATIK - 09-25-2016 10:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)