Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
09-19-2016, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 07:50 PM by PANAMATIK.)
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
(09-19-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW your 67 emulator (and all others I tried so far) runs fine. And I love it. ;-)

Thank you! The HP-67 emulator maybe was a good throw.

(09-19-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW2: unlike the '67/97, the decimal point of most other HPs from that era does not occupy a full digit. Instead it is placed between the digits. As far as the font is concerned this is no problem, the classic LED font handles this with its regular period/comma. But I don't know if this a problem in terms of emulator programming. ;-)

When calculating the display string for the HP-67 emulator, the only thing to check is, whether the classic LED font is selected, if so a semicolon ; will be inserted instead of a period . , which shows the decimal dot at a higher position and occupies a full digit.

However if emulating the HP-67 or HP-19C on a HP-25 hardware with the new ACT, if a decimal dot is detected, it must be attached to the previous digit on the left. Two more digits must be eliminated by other means for displaying everything in only 12 available digits.

(09-19-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW3: I'd suggest that the display region in the 19C pictures get a uniform dark red, like the 67, which makes the digits blend seamlessly into the background. With the '67 I am using RGB 43,32,38 for this. Or do you know a way of displaying a TTF font on transparent background ?-)

I didn't yet try transparent font yet, but it is a good idea and is possible somehow. Perhaps I will make a (real final ?) version containing this feature Smile

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators - PANAMATIK - 09-19-2016 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)