Voyager bezel removal
04-11-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Voyager bezel removal
(04-10-2016 09:45 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  The bezel in the post was removed from a totally destroyed 11c and added to the 10c without warping or destruction.

A hair dryer was used as a heat source. I was not concerned with the donor case and applied sufficient heat to soften the glue completely and then remove the remove the bezel without concern to the styrene case.

The condition of the bezel removed from the 10c was not a concern but the case was so, less heat was applied to that bezel. Granted the knife scarred the styrene case but since that was covered by the replacement bezel I was not concerned. With the good bezel removed I the resurfaced it with scotchbrite scouring pad. I cut cardboard to fit perfectly over the LCD panel lens. Then taped it in place to direct the heat away from the LCD and clear lens.

However, if your bezel is not dented then removal is not a concern. Masking the case around the bezel, covering the LCD panel and applying parallel strokes with a scotchbrite pad will resurface the bezel. You may then Lacquer the cover when you have a satisfactory finish.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

I'll let you know how I got on when I find a suitable donor...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Voyager bezel removal - Harald - 04-10-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Voyager bezel removal - Harald - 04-10-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Voyager bezel removal - Harald - 04-11-2016 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)