WP 34S: CASE example issue in the latest manual
06-06-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: WP 34S: CASE example issue in the latest manual
(06-05-2016 09:05 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  No Bob,

this project was published under GPL, including the manual 3.1 as Franz rightfully said. No one can revoke later what was published under the GPL. And everybody, even Franz, has the right to exercise his rights - period. The manual 3.3 published later by Walter is another case.

If there is any ambiguity on the license, it is at the expense of the publisher of the license. Don't accuse Franz of infringing morally.

Here we have to difficult characters:
Franz is taking leave from time to time, promising, he'll never be back.
Walter is sent to leave from time to time, because he can't stop to affront "the SM".

It would be better if those guys would grow up.

/rant Günter

I agree there is no issue of legal wrong here, the original manual released uder GPL is subject to those restrictions and freedoms. This was granted when the 3.1 manual was released this way.

We may have to agree to disagree Günter, but I feel that changing the author's work and distributing it, against his specific request, is morally wrong, especially within such a small, close group.

That said, I must agree with your analysis of the situation. The continued poking (both ways) does no good for anyone. Lets all leave this issue in the past and look forward to positive contributions to the group from both players.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S: CASE example issue in the latest manual - rprosperi - 06-06-2016 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)