HP30b flashed with WP31 no longer responding
01-19-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: HP30b flashed with WP31 no longer responding
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions on JTAG units. I have the STLink v2 unit from STMicroelectronics to support development on one of their 8-bit processors, and it is around $20US - very reasonable. Olimex OpenOCD has a configuration file for it in the scripts directory.

I received my WP 31S User's Manual today, but alas no working 31S as yet. I have verified that I flashed my 30b with an invalid bin file (ouch!). I've added a dual-row header to the PCB and made the necessary nameplate cutout in the back to accommodate the JTAG ribbon connector. I downloaded the Olimex toolchain from their site (gcc version 4.5.1, OpenOCD version 0.6.1). Following instructions, I've tried to run OpenOCD in standalone mode using the CFG file from sourceforge and the STLink config file.

OpenOCD fails to run properly, first complaining that 'jtag' is not a valid command. With that line commented out it the fails complaining that the 'target create' command requires a '-chain-command' option, which happens to be present. So much for a quick, hassle-free solution to my problem!

I'm going to follow the suggestion to use SEGGER Embedded Studio posted on the Yagarto site in the hopes I can do a simple JTAG flash without having to burrow all the way down to Wonderland and master a new toolchain.

I found WP34sFlash somewhere, so I could try that on the serial port if recommended. As usual, suggestions, version requirements and so on are greatly appreciated.

Fingers crossed,
~ Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP30b flashed with WP31 no longer responding - mfleming - 01-19-2016 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)