Panamatik new ACT: difference between program meomory and library?
01-12-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Panamatik new ACT: difference between program meomory and library?
(01-12-2016 02:25 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Hi Harald,

Geoff's description is correct. There are 21 programs of 224 steps each in HP-67E available. There are two reasons for differentiating between "program memory" and "program library".

1.) The 10 program memory locations can be accessed by less keystrokes.

2.) The program library locations (up to 100 programs in HP-25E, but only 10 programs in HP-67E) is stored internally in compressed data format mixed with the original HP microcode (PIC flash memory is 14-bit word oriented, 10-bit for HP microcode, 4 bit for program code). This trick allowed me to add 10 more HP-67 programs into flash memory.

The actual loaded program adds one more to a total of 21 programs.

Bernhard

Oh, Ok, then my first assumption of only 10 programs was wrong.
So if I wanted to transfer more than 10 programs from the computer to the 67E, there is no way to directly write to the library because of the data being mixed with HP microcode? In that case I can transfer the first 10 programs, copy them to the library manually and then copy 10 more.

I think I'll try the user diagnostic program and see what happens :-P

Geoff:
I have a working 67 and 97, too, but I think the 67E is a good addition. I like it even better than the 34E, because being able to keep a library on the computer and send the programs to the calculator is great! The 3.5mm Jack in the battery compartment makes even more sense now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panamatik new ACT: difference between program meomory and library? - Harald - 01-12-2016 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)