Screen Coordinate Systems and Scaling
09-24-2015, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 07:07 AM by Martin Hepperle.)
Screen Coordinate Systems and Scaling
Hi,

as I struggled a bit with the coordinate systems used for the drawing functions inside a program, I wrote down a short notice on the two coordinate systems (Pixel based and User scaling) and how they are related. The note is attached.
Edit: attachment updated 09-29-2015

I feel that the documentation concering programming should be removed from the main manual and better be moved to an Extended Users Reference manual, together with more explanations and some sketches etc. Maybe such a manual can only be created by the user community.

While I am griping ... another annoying little thing when developing programs is the selection in the program list after running a program:
The selection always returns to program #2 in the list. Why #2? Looks like another "index offset by one" bug and the intent weas to select the first program.
Anyway, it would be more logical and practical to set the focus on the program just executed or edited because in 99.9% of all cases the user will either run the program again or will want to edit it.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Scaling in Drawing Functions.pdf (Size: 91.5 KB / Downloads: 151)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Screen Coordinate Systems and Scaling - Martin Hepperle - 09-24-2015 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)