The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT
09-25-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT
(09-25-2015 10:16 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(09-25-2015 07:58 AM)Harald Wrote:  Well, while the ACT wasn't physically damaged, on mine I managed to erase the bootloader by not having the order of the connections right.

I'm not sure whether you managed to erase the boot loader, because I forgot to test it, when I reprogrammed your ACT. The boot loader protects itself and normally cannot be erased. If the LED flashes only very short at power up, then the boot loader is still present but immediately starts the calculator each time because of the wrong order power up sequence. Only if the calculator doesn't start up any more then something has been erased.

IR printing:

Well, you are right, placing it in the middle by just drilling two small 0.8 -1 mm holes is still the most easy and minimal invasive way to install the printing diode. Nevertheless your placement looks industrially perfect and is a second alternative.

Bernhard

Well, I tried a couple of things myself before returning it to you.
The calculator didn't power up, the red LED didn't turn on at all and several attempts at reflashing, also with the original setup that used to work before, were unsuccesfull.
So something definately happened. When you returned it the first attempt at flashing was succesfull. Thanks again for re flashing the bootloader!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT - Harald - 09-23-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT - Harald - 09-25-2015 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)