Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
07-14-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
(07-13-2015 10:58 PM)vk6ti Wrote:  your next mission is to acquire an old tube (valve) receiver
(boat anchor), and start pulling that apart. Make sure you have a solid bench
for it to sit it on.?

Ray, your comment spurred me to take a look at what might still be around - and lo and behold, what should I find on eBay.com.au but a Trio 9R-59D, the radio that started me off back in 1970 or thereabouts. I thought it might be kinda nice to have, for sentimental reasons, but the auction finished a few minutes ago and the radio went for $A270.75 - unfortunately, my wallet isn't that sentimental!

Back when I was G(M)4CFM, I had a KW-2000E, which I brought to Australia, but I never bothered getting the VK2 licence. Too busy, then and now, unfortunately. In fact, looking around the place, I wouldn't have anywhere to set that 9R-59D, let alone time to use it. Wink

--- Les
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening? - Les Bell - 07-14-2015 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)