Errata for 71B Developer's Handbook ?
07-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Errata for 71B Developer's Handbook ?
I've recently dug out the 71B Developer's Handbook to use the supplied Forth utilities. I also found hard copies of these Forth utilities (that came with book) I had printed back then and they have some corrections added by my hand (e.g. OVER in the code s/b changed to DUP, one hard address changed to another, etc.) but no notes indicating why the changes should be made. It's pretty clear they weren't changed because I was smarter than the guy that wrote them, so I'm assuming there must have been some sort of Errata issued by HP, though a thorough search of all my docs and about 20 3-ring binders turned up nothing.

Does anyone recall if there was either an Errata sheet or possibly a later version of the disk/cards that came with this Handbook?

For 71B owners, if you haven't looked at this book in a while (it's on the DVD set), take a look. Lots more interesting things and sample code than I remembered. On the down side, some stuff I've recently seen in some of my old programs, which convinced me I was truly inspired back then, turn out to have been blatantly stolen from this book. Sigh...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Errata for 71B Developer's Handbook ? - rprosperi - 07-11-2015 07:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)