[wp34s] The Matrix Reloaded patches
07-01-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2015 04:50 PM by emece67.)
[wp34s] The Matrix Reloaded patches
Hi all,

When I was an EE student, I heavily used the matrix capabilities of my 28C. Now I'm using a pair of wp34s for, almost, everything, but I miss, in some way, the ability to work with matrices. Of course the wp34s can do that, and the library offers many utilities to do that, but I prefer the convenience of selecting commands from "native" menus.

Thus, I ported some matrix operations from the library to XROM. I have also added some other matrix operations to XROM not in the library and also added ported versions of Thomas Klemm's utilities to cope with complex matrices (the CPX -> P -> Z transformations).

The end result is not as convenient as the 28C was, but it resembles the matrix capabilities of a 15C with an, I think, much more easy interface.

Now, with the addition of the complex lock mode, Bit's patches for integer operations and these matrix operations in XROM, I think of my wp34s as the perfect weapon for EE students. Unfortunately my students are not aware at all of the existence of this marvelous machine.

Hope it is useful for anybody.

Edited: I've made an upgrade from the previous version. In this upgrade the I register remains intact (its roll as a temporary flag container was subsumed by a dedicated 64 bit storage in volatile memory), so all new matrix commands work indistinguishably from built-in commands. I've also fixed a bug in the behavior of the column and row norms that prevented them to work as expected in some circumstances, touched-up the error management in order for it to be consistent with that of the built-in matrix commands and added 4 more commands to: invert all elements in a matrix (also in a complex matrix), conjugate a complex matrix and transpose a complex matrix.

Al these changes can be find here:
  • The patch file (patched over SVN version 3796)
  • The binary files to flash your wp34s
  • The (Qt) emulator
  • The user documentation for the new matrix operations
  • The .op file (to use the assembler)
All this will cost you about 875 program steps.

Regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[wp34s] The Matrix Reloaded patches - emece67 - 07-01-2015 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)