7820 Corrupting programs - had to format the flash !
06-13-2015, 12:42 PM
RE: 7820 Corrupting programs - had to format the flash !
Backups are always a good idea, since many things are saved, including programs. However, I also keep a "Master Catalog.zip" file from which I can (drag / drop) programs (to / from) the connectivity kit and onto the hardware device. I try to keep skeleton programs in the master catalog, that demonstrate how to use things like INPUT(), DRAWMENU(), etc.; and handy utilities that are useful as sub routines.

I have also had memory corruption events, (in earlier releases). On the emulator, most were cleared by using the Reset item from the Calculator menu bar. Refreshing the hardware device, when the emulator has a problem, perhaps might transfer the problem to the the hardware device.

If a backup file contains artifacts from memory corruption, perhaps that might also be a factor. Using my Master Catalog.zip file, I haven't had any problem with replacing files, although if memory corruption was present beforehand, the replaced program might not work any better.

The spreadsheet variable "Col" is different from the variable "COL", and shouldn't be a problem.

If you make backups frequently, or keep a master catalog, your programs will likely survive memory corruption problems. I wonder if a fresh reset on the emulator followed by a "Refresh" on the calculator would clear memory corruptions on both?

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7820 Corrupting programs - Thomas_Sch - 06-13-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: 7820 Corrupting programs - had to format the flash ! - DrD - 06-13-2015 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)