Has the WP 34s Project or a variant been offered to HP?
05-28-2015, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 04:02 AM by AnalogJoe.)
Has the WP 34s Project or a variant been offered to HP?
First of all let me acknowledge the great effort of all the people involved in the creation of the WP 34s, this is truly the work of love and art.

That being said, Im curious about a couple of things, the WP 34s is based on the now discontinued HP30b, so I dont know what are the plans for the WP 34s in the future.

However, has someone considered offering HP the WP 34s or a variant to be rebranded as HP and distributed commercially? I mean think about it, all the hard work which is the code is already there, it is already optimized for HP calculators, theres even documentation for the calculator.

If you think about it, HP has to provide only the hardware such as the HP30b with new relabeled keys to match the WP 34s, plus perhaps some mods to better fit complex number handling into the calc, but most of the R&D is already taken care of by the WP 34s developers.

Tell me why this is not a great opportunity for HP and all of us HP users?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Has the WP 34s Project or a variant been offered to HP? - AnalogJoe - 05-28-2015 03:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)