How much has RPN/RPL spoiled you?
06-19-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: How much has RPN/RPL spoiled you?
(06-10-2015 09:31 PM)Sukiari Wrote:  I think people have many legitimate complaints about the Prime, and I hope HP listens to them. While it's not for me (it its current form) some day I might get one.

I agree with you about the 50G's place in the HP lineup. It's a great machine, perhaps the last vestige of the old HP. I don't really even think it's that much cheaper than the 48 series, which are creaky and have the critical flaw that connections work loose. It *LOOKS* cheaper than the 48 series though, that's for sure.

Well, Ive definitely read some horror stories about the Prime, however I dont know if im just lucky or what but my Prime works perfectly.

Ill tell you something thou, I have two HP 50Gs, one of them is older and the other is quite recent, and the newer one does seem considerably "cheaper" than the older one, to begin with, the older one came in a leather or leather like pouch, while the newer one came in a cheap cloth pouch. The plastic on the new one seems a lot more brittle and thin, the older one feels a lot stronger, and the plastic is a lot better looking, the new one is matte, while the old one is black with like shinny sprinkles. Even the size is slightly different the newer one is a bit longer, while the older one is shorter but a bit wider, both have around the same thickness. Even the HP logo on the older one seems a lot better quality.

Recently Ive seen the 50G dropping price considerably, most stores Ive visited are offering the 50G on a discount and many stores are selling the last of them, does anyone knows if there are any plans on discontinuing the 50G in the near future?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much has RPN/RPL spoiled you? - AnalogJoe - 06-19-2015 01:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)