[wp34s] Need help compiling the Qt emulator (Win7)
05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
[wp34s] Need help compiling the Qt emulator (Win7)
Put it shortly: can anybody being able to compile the Qt emulator in Win7 give me any clue about the correct tool configuration needed to to that?

And the long history:

I've spent a few days tinkering with the wp34s sources trying to get some insight on its workings.

Up to now, I have been able to compile the firmware, the "old" emulator and, also, to (very slightly) modify the sources to better suit my needs.

But I'm not capable at all to compile the Qt emulator.

I'm working in Win7, with MinGW, VS2010, ActiveState Perl and I have tried various versions of Qt (4.8.0, 4.8.4, 4.8.6, 5.0 & 5.4) and also various versions of QtCreator (2.5.2 and that in Qt 5.4). I've tried both MinGW & VS2010 flavours of the Qt SDK but to no avail.

The VS2010 versions of Qt seem to be incompatible with the source code (the MS compiler does not like some C++ idioms present in the sources) so I think that the MinGW is the correct way. But, no matter how I try, it always gives errors. Entering make (or mingw32-make or mingw32-make qt_gui) always ends with a "missing separator" error in Makefile.Release. Trying to compile via QtCreator ends with some not found header files (the MinGW way) or syntax errors (VS2010 way). I've even tried to compile via VisualStudio, but the errors reported are so cryptic that it is impossible to know the root cause ("something" is "not found").

I've double checked the path variable on each try to ensure that the expected Qt\bin path is reachable.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks & regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[wp34s] Need help compiling the Qt emulator (Win7) - emece67 - 05-19-2015 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)