WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
04-09-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
(04-09-2015 06:29 PM)BarryMead Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:19 PM)jebem Wrote:  Yap, Linux App for offline reading is not available at this time. See it here.

However, online reading is available from most popular web browsers, as long as the person has the eBook reclaim code and a Vitalsource account registration.
jabem: Can the login/reclaim code be consolidated into a single line http request included in a desktop icon so that it takes only 1 click to pull up the online version of the manual? Logging into an on-line web site and entering access codes or password each time you want to scan the manual would make it so painful to use that the DRM would soon feel like a penalty or burden to the user. Have you asked Vitalsource if they EVER plan to release a Linux version of their reader application?

As far as I know, the login process in interactive, asking for userID/password credentials. The reclaim code is only entered once when the ebook is accessed for the first time.
Then you may read the ebook online, and depending on the service level contracted, you may print it (it will have watermarks with the name of the ebook's owner).
Of course this is not what Linux machine owners wants.

I have asked Vitalsource about Linux support for offline readers in the past, but I never got a good answer from them.
In fact Mac support for offline readers is very recent. In the beginning they had just Windows support, then added Android and later Mac.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability? - jebem - 04-09-2015 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)