(50G) Various utilities for EE/circuit design by Stephen Edwards, Maxim Integrated
08-11-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: [HP 50g] Various utilities for EE/circuit design by Stephen Edwards
(07-17-2015 02:09 PM)René Franquinet Wrote:  Calc shows the programs in the matrix menu but after "run" mentions: XXXX.hp not found on the SD card! Yet I have put the programs in the root of the SD card. Do you have any idea of what could be wrong?
Unfortunately, I have no really good idea, but one thing you should try is to re-install the applications and see if this fixes the problem. Otherwise, copy the files on a freshly formatted card, or even try another card. If this works, CALC's author might be interested in a problem report including a image of the SD card.
In my experience, most embedded and many desktop FAT file system implementations are buggy or incomplete, and it is quite likely, that this also holds true for the FAT implementation in the HP 50g (although I haven't analyzed the 50g's implementation in detail). I don't know, if this holds true for the 50g, but many files in the root directory in a FAT12 or FAT16 volume (in particular if they carry LFNs as well) or more than one cluster full of entries in a FAT32 volume are a common problem for incomplete implementations, so it is worth trying if avoiding these conditions would work around the problem for you.

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP 50g] Various utilities for EE/circuit design by Stephen Edwards - matthiaspaul - 08-11-2015 09:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)