Solving with multiple unknown variables & more
03-30-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Solving with multiple unknown variables & more
(03-30-2015 05:11 AM)leprechaun Wrote:  1) With the Function App there are problems. I cannot really find out what is going wrong. Maybe someone can help me!
The function plots functions of one independant variable. So far so good. Assignment of e.g. Ekin(m,v) to the app fails although it is a function of one independant. Remember I assigned m:=70, so that is a constant. Only independant var is v.
How do I copy Ekin(m,v) to the app to have it plotted? In practice functions of one independant variable are often seen - but only because other variables can be defined to constants....

The function app only understands one input variable: X. To plot Ekin(70,v), you simply need to pass X as the dummy variable. In the Symb view of the Function app, just type in: Ekin(70,X) as one of the functions and hit plot.

Quote:2) Now if I define Ekin2(v):=0.5*70*v^2 because I did not find the correct way to copy the function into the app. Not practical at all, but what should I do.
Assignment to F1 now works as described:
F1:=Ekin2.

No variables like F1(X) needed. That is some auto-Transformation going on.
BUT the calculator Forgets about my assumption about v i.e. assume(v>=0)! Is that a bug?

Thanks for help in advance

No variables are needed in this particular example because F1 is a built-in "function" variable. And Ekin2 is a user-created "function" variable. Since dummy variables are just that -- dummy variables (placeholders), the calculator auto-converts the v to X. (This would not have been possible with the original Ekin(m,v) function since you cannot assign a one-variable function F1 to be a two-variable function.)

As for the assumption on v, this is placed only on the variable v, and not X. As for as plotting is concerned, just set your input range in the plot settings.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solving with multiple unknown variables & more - Han - 03-30-2015 12:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)