Solving with multiple unknown variables & more
03-25-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: Solving with multiple unknown variables & more
(03-25-2015 03:59 PM)Ollie Wrote:  Thank you all for the quick replies!
Is there a fast way to plot these internally defined functions f(x),g(x), etc. or do I have to copy the result to the Function app?

Think of F0 through F9 as built-in variables that are predefined to be functions (and can only store functions). If you already did something like:

f(x):=x^2+50;

then f itself is a function variable, whereas f(x) is an evaluation of the function at an input of x. Thus, you can simply do:

F1:=f;

and it will place the formula into F1. If you want the derivative, then create g(x) as described in my previous post and do

F2:=g;

Then press the [Symb] key and ensure that the functions are check-marked for plotting, and press [Plot] (assuming, of course, you have the Function app running).

Quote:Also another question; What does the Integers option in the Home Settings menu do? Even if I have it set to 32 bit hex my answers appear as expected in base10.

It's mainly for integers that are entered in the form #????h where the last letter h denotes hexadecimal, but could aslo be b (binary) or d (decimal) or o (octal). As an example, #10h is the hexadecimal integer whose decimal value is 16. Though internally (and this is just a hunch) these integers are stored as your ordinary, everyday integers. So if you make a matrix of integers and recall the integers, they may actually get converted into decimal form. For example, in the Home view type: [[ #10h, #2h ]] and you get [[ 16, 2]] (a 1x2 matrix of ordinary integers). That option, among other things, allows you to type #10 and leave off the base, as it will assume you meant the base selected in the settings.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solving with multiple unknown variables & more - Han - 03-25-2015 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)