[34S] occasional RTC reset upon power on
03-22-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: [34S] occasional RTC reset upon power on
(03-22-2015 04:46 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  That's about all you can do. We might snoop through the code a bit (there may be more than just 'slow' and 'fast' on the Arm; Marcus would know the details. Maybe there's a way to cut the clock one more time?

There are other clock speeds available. Marcus has used some of these already -- when you press a key the device kicks up to slow or fast speed depending on settings and the battery, when finished it slows to 32kHz for a while and then goes into power save mode, the saves lots of re-initialisation for a soon after keypress. We've had a couple of bugs where the 32kHz clock speed didn't kick up properly with another keystroke and the device was truly glacial. Marcus will, no doubt, correct me where I'm wrong Smile

I'm not sure if there is a speed between 32kHz and slow however, the CPU datasheet would tell you. Also, remember the 34S firmware was not written with performance in mind. Accuracy & usability first and foremost, then code size.

Quote:As a side note: This is not for everyone (I'm not recommending this to anybody) but I am going to be modifying my WP34s with a docking station;.....

You could add some extra wires and include some of the other exposed stuff from the 30b's circuit board. There are some analogue to digital converters available, and one SPI bus is exposed (we considered SPI FRAM at one point). Not sure about I2C. These would require firmware changes, but folks seem to be getting the hang of these Smile

- Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] occasional RTC reset upon power on - Paul Dale - 03-22-2015 06:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)