4-level stack manipulation on 12c
03-05-2015, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:19 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4-level stack manipulation on 12c
(03-05-2015 09:28 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  Yet the second ENTER is necessary on the HP-12C. I tried it on two units (CN04808261 and CNA 83816873). Really strange, I agree.

?!? – that's exactly what I would have expected! The idea is to save X in LastX and copy Y to two (!) higher stack levels. On any classic HP calculator I can imagine this requires two ENTERs. My question was why the 12C Platinum should be different and one single ENTER should so. *That* would be strange indeed. ;-)

(03-05-2015 09:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Confirmed on a 1987-vintage 12C. I was wondering if the problem was unique to the newer (different cpu. etc.) model 12C machines since both of those mentioned are of Chinese manufacture.

I do not see a problem. The two ENTERs are exactly how very classic HP is supposed to work in this situation. The question was why the 12C Platinum version would require just one single ENTER to generate two (!) copies of x – cf. the stack diagram below.

In other words, I think that both versions require two ENTERs. If the user input is y ENTER x, the stack should look like this after the LastX command:
Code:
T      ...
Z       y
Y       y
X       x

LastX   x

And this is why the second ENTER is required. IMHO in both cases.
If the 12C Platinum version actually runs correctly with a single ENTER, now, that would be strange indeed.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4-level stack manipulation on 12c - Dieter - 03-05-2015 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)