Filing of Replies; Suggestion
01-06-2014, 03:56 AM
RE: Filing of Replies; Suggestion
I was happy to find a forum that had some threaded option as it seems quite rare these days, but I do consider linear to be the main/default view. In most forums these days, all new replies go at the end.

At first I didn't even understand the suggestion until I realized that you meant "in threaded mode". However, even if that change was made for threaded mode, people in the default linear mode would still be replying to the end.

Many of the complaints about the old forum were about how it differed from newer forums, so now we have a forum that is in the common current style with a way to "revert" back to a threaded style that is admittedly different than the old forum's threaded style. (The default view in the old forum was my own code and I just don't feel I have the time to adapt it to new demands like Unicode at this time.)

The nice thing about this software though is that it is actively being developed with 2 major upcoming versions on the roadmap so you can make suggestions at the myBB community. Some suggestions/problems I have taken there myself, but as a linear mode user myself, I don't think I would be the best person to try to explain this request so I will leave this one to someone else.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Filing of Replies; Suggestion - walter b - 01-04-2014, 07:50 AM
RE: Filing of Replies; Suggestion - Dave Hicks - 01-06-2014 03:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)