WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0
02-23-2015, 01:27 PM
RE: WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0
(02-23-2015 07:35 AM)walter b Wrote:  Now what is it what you want, what you really, really want? If you want a pdf you don't need an index. BTW, already v3.1 provides an IOP, doesn't it?
An index is where you can find any important word or concept you're looking for. That's why search is useful (although search does even more). The IOP in the 34S manual is very useful but it isn't an index as it's commonly understood in the context of a book. The 42S manual has a section called 'Subject Index' starting on page 336 (in the edition I have). It could be even more detailed, but that is an example of an index. I agree with Barry that an index would be very useful in the printed version.

(02-23-2015 07:35 AM)walter b Wrote:  Since I wrote the whole documentation from scratch it has a coherent style and - hopefully - doesn't contain multiple descriptions of the same facts. I'm no supporter of books or paintings made by a committee, sorry.
You and Pauli and Marcus control what gets included in the official codebase and you're responsible for the documentation, so you could decide what gets into the official documentation. Thus there would be no danger of an incoherent style, since anything you don't like simply wouldn't be accepted. There must be something else going on here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0 - Bit - 02-23-2015 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)