WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0
02-20-2015, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 08:01 PM by BarryMead.)
RE: WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0
(02-20-2015 07:38 PM)Dieter Wrote:  A printed manual is another story. If you want a "real" physical manual it is obvious that this cannot be given away for free - like any other book. If you lose the manual of your camera, your TV set or even your toaster, a new printed manual will cost you some money. A PDF, on the other hand, usually is free even for commercial products. Lost your EOS manual? Have your dealer order a new one for 20 EUR. A PDF is fine? Simply download it from Canon's website. Do you use a free image editor like Gimp? The documentation is free as well. Need a comprehensive tutorial on picture editing with this software? Buy a book.

Just my 2¢.

Dieter
I believe that Walter is under the impression that if he makes the PDF available it would reduce his sales revenues for the printed manual. (Personally, for people like me, I can say for sure that it WOULD NOT). I have already purchased 3 of Walter's printed manuals. But I realize that I don't speak for everyone, so perhaps Walter is right and I am wrong. Perhaps keeping the manual under tight (NON OPEN SOURCE) control gives Walter more POWER to control what features do or don't get implemented in the WP-34S. I don't know what Walter's motives are. I do know that Dieter is not alone in wishing that a more updated PDF be released, even if it is only the 3.2 manual.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0 - BarryMead - 02-20-2015 07:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)