41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode
02-13-2015, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 06:55 AM by Dieter.)
RE: 41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode
(02-13-2015 04:10 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  The Floating FIX mode is selectable, so won't be forced on all users. A flag in buffer#9 holds the enable/disable setting - the default is OFF.

Hm.... unlike FIX mode, the number of digits in this new mode is not fixed. So I think it should not be called "dynamic" or "floating" FIX – if it's "dynamic" it's not fixed. ;-) Something like FLOAT or even the common STD resp. ALL seems more appropriate to me.

I would like to ask a very dumb question now (sorry, I am by no means an expert in MCODE or other internal 41-stuff). The 41 usually reflects its display mode in flags 40 and 41. Both clear means SCI, and the one or the other set stands for FIX resp. ENG mode. Is there a way for the user to test your new display mode in a similar way? I first thought of the (usually) not supported combination of both flag 40 and 41 set, but this is already used for the (not officially supported) FIX/ENG mode. ;-) Now I wouldn't be surprised if an MCODE function that returns the current display mode already existed.

(02-13-2015 04:10 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  I'm getting very fond of this, knowing that the now-shown digits are irrelevant it's more than cosmetic IMHO.

Yes, sure it's much more than "cosmetic". That's why I use the WP34s in ALL 3 mode most of the time. I also like the 35s' ALL mode (despite its shortcomings), for instance it allows to simultaneously return an integer (without annoying trailing zeroes) and a real (with fractional part) in its two line display. So thumbs up for something similar on the '41.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode - Dieter - 02-12-2015, 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)