41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 07:48 PM by Ángel Martin.)
41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode
Recently I started to poke around the I/O Service interrupt, it was long overdue - it is intimidating to say the least - but Rabin Ezra's excellent article ("Direct key Synthetics, DataFile V6 N.3 pg 21-24) provided a great help.

The first practical use has been for the RCL math extensions in the SandMath: the six functions can now be triggered directly from the standard RCL, simply pressing the corresponding arithmetic key (+,-,*,/, ^, Alpha) - a real breeze; no need to have a dedicated launcher or USER mode active since there are no key assignments needed.

I've spent much more time than I anticipated with the I/O Service interrupt - in hindsight it's not surprising, such is the nature of the MCODE beast. It really is a bear to handle, so many possible combinations… not only you need to know the right questions to ask, but also when (i.e. the sequence in which) to ask them!

BTW I think I'm after a nice enhancement: would you see any value in having the calculator display only the significant decimal digits all the time? In other words, like a dynamic FIX setting that would adjust itself depending on the number to show: FIX zero for integers, fix 3 if all digits after the 3rd. are zero… etc. For me the value is in the rule "if you don’t see it, it's not there", but admittedly it isn't more than a cosmetic thing. I have it now 90% perfect, but the remaining 10% is challenging; let me know if you're curious to try it.

'AM

PS. Is this the same as the FIX ALL in the 34S? I must admit I never read that part of the manual...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode - Ángel Martin - 02-12-2015 07:46 PM
RE: 41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode - Dieter - 02-12-2015, 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)