Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
02-22-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
(02-21-2015 10:48 PM)walter b Wrote:  Ok, although the summation example you quote may be seen as a little test for the reader, I will change the start value to 100.001 to avoid that challenge.

Changing the value to 100.001 addresses the error in the original example. However, the point of the proposed example is to make the reader aware of the issue described below. I'm not sure that it would be a valid "test", necessarily, unless the user is provided with the information required to succeed.

(02-21-2015 10:48 PM)walter b Wrote:  And the documentation stubbornly repeats "... fills all stack levels with x before calling the routine specified." for f', f", SLV, \(\Pi\), \(\Sigma\), and Integrate. So I think I've fulfilled my duty there, haven't I?

Right. However, the issue is not the contents of the stack before calling the routine specified, which is presumably repeated because it is necessary information for the creator of the routine. The issue is that the stack is filled with zeroes when \(\Sigma\) and the rest return. The point of my proposed example is to make the reader aware that the results of the first summation will no longer be on the stack after the second summation is performed.

The Firmware V3.2 documentation for f'(x) states: "On return, Y, Z, and T will be cleared...". This warning should be repeated for the others.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD - DMaier - 02-22-2015 08:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)