New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited
02-07-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited
(02-04-2015 07:00 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  This is a matter of reference frames. It is a well thought out addition to the WP 34S.

I agree, its a very well thought-out solution for a combination IR transmitter | update | usb cable; and he should be proud of it!

I'm really trying to decide whether I really want the IR transmitter. If I put it in I want the driver circuit described by HP in their IR manual (looks like Harald's board has that) and even though I don't like the micro usb hangin out the side, you're right about the calc being able to lay flat.

Can anyone who has Harald's board installed tell me whether there is a crystal on the back side of the board? One thing I'm noticing about the boards that work with MySamba and ones that do not doesn't seem to have anything to do with the PL2303HX chip (they're all made by FTDI); it has to do with whether the board is crystal controlled. The board I have has a crystal mounted on the back-side. Harald's pcb 2 the same?

Another thing I'd like to know is whether he gets usb transmit distances of more than 50 cm (like across the room) or is that not possible?

I guess at this point if I decide to place the IR transmitter in this thing, Harald's board is the way to go... otherwise, I am really liking Barry's idea of the tip-ring-gnd solution with a miniature gold phone jack (just for solid connection for flash|update). I am concerned about cutting a whole in the side of the calc with a hand-held file... afraid it would look like a fifth-grader did it... no offence to any of you fifth-graders. Just saying...

Cheers
marcus

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-07-2015 11:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)