WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal
02-05-2015, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 03:46 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal
(02-05-2015 02:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Seems bold to label it "1.0" with only 1 decimal place. I would have guessed something like 1.0.002.07.d, but I suppose that would require a much smaller font. Wink

Well, unless someone else builds one (there will only be one). Often my projects are cigar-box prototypes which never see the light of another work-bench nor make it to market. Like most of the software I write, I'm my own best customer... IBM taught me that... <ouch>

================
Ok, here are some operational notes some of you might be interested in:

1) I flashed twice today; once to see how things would work, and the second time was to update the unit to the latest realbuild of calc_xtal_full.bin/ the voltage monitors saw no problems, not even a flicker.

2) Something I was suspicious of, but now confirmed-- there is no point in monitoring the Rx traffic because there isn't any... nothing appreciable that is. During the flash operation the Tx light is quite active but the Rx light is silent (I know it works correctly because it flickers like crazy during loopback testing (with the loopback jumper in place). So there isn't much (if any) handshaking going on, and there isn't anything like making sure the comm happened... it either works or it doesn't. On the other hand, I did notice that I'm testing the wrong side of the cross-over resistor (on Rx) and that might be making a difference. I'll move it before the next test and let you know.

3) The update process is very smooth, no hiccups and the restore worked fine too.

4) The realtime clock does get reset (date and time) to defaults, so of course, I had to reset the date and time.

5) Well, that's it for a while (until I get another unit to play with). I am a firm believer in, "if it ain't broke don't fix it..." So, I won't be playing with 'flash' and this unit (my only one for now) because I don't want to brick it.

Cheers,
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-05-2015 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)