WP34s and 31s: Updating the emulator while preserving all data
01-25-2015, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 09:03 PM by BarryMead.)
RE: WP34s and 31s: Updating the emulator while preserving all data
(01-25-2015 07:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Maybe I've had the 34S emulator installed improperly all along? I don't recall my setup process some years ago, but I have all the emulator files (.exe, .dll. .bmp. .pdf, .dat, .ini, etc.) in a single folder, and when updates come out I just replace the .exe and it seems to work fine (latest installed is ver 3678 from last July).
It depends on how you installed what software as to what directory it goes in. If you only download the
QT emulator by Pascal Meheut, then the files go into a directory named wp-34s right below where the
zip file was unpacked, and the emulator exe is named WP-34s.exe. But if you grab the entire source tree with the command:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/wp34s/code wp34s

Then the files go into a directory named wp34s which I personally rename to wp34s-XXXX where XXXX
is the svn version of the checked out tree. Below this directory is the trunk/windows/bin structure that
I discussed in my original posting. The NON-QT emulator is named wp34sgui.exe so I assumed Dieter was referring to the NON-QT emulator in his original question.
Sorry if this confused anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s and 31s: Updating the emulator while preserving all data - BarryMead - 01-25-2015 08:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)