Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
12-14-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
(12-14-2014 10:32 PM)Joseph_21sv Wrote:  ... there are several models of a landscape algebraic programmable calculator with alphanumeric display—Viktor T. Toth has the following at http://www.rskey.org (...): Canon: 1 with graphic LCD; Casio: 2 with graphic LCD and 1 with character LCD; Sharp: 5 with character LCD; TI: 4 with graphic LCD, 2 with character LCD and 2 with segmented LCD. For what it's worth to note it, these almost universally have a pixelled display (the more portable models are also universally discontinued, but that's beside the point here except that they are the genuine calculators—at least according to US examination boards).

Please tell me the models you refer to — I doubt they are in production still. This is crucial since only a calculator being in production (or otherwise easily available) can be a platform or basis for repurposing. And I should have mentioned that when I speak of calculators I mean pocket calculators like the Voyagers were or the WP 34S is (yes, I know the latter isn't landscape format).

d:-?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display - walter b - 12-14-2014 11:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)