[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-26-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-26-2015 05:41 PM)John Galt Wrote:  With respect to Mr. Meheut's wp34sflash program, the reason it doesn't work is obvious. What it sends is completely different and bears no resemblance to what MySamBa sends. What it does, and what I have not been able to observe MySamba doing, is to vary the bitrate from the first transmission to the fourth (it sends four before giving up). The hard work in porting MySamBa's essential functions to the Mac is surely done though, and if he would be so kind to point me in the right direction for its source, perhaps I could make that program work.

The source code is in SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/p/wp34s/code/HEA...nk/QtFlash) but you should know that:
- it has been written by looking at MySamba source code and converting it
- I've written some tools to check that I was sending the exact same thing as MySamba
- it works more reliably on Windows & Linux than on OSX

Of course, I may have missed something obvious and you are more than welcome to have a look at it: some people helped me to test it but as far as I know, nobody else tried to debug it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - pascal_meheut - 01-26-2015 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)