[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-24-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-24-2015 04:45 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  You still need to add the cable to connect it to the 30b.

Aye, there's the rub. I was hoping I was wrong about that but it confirms what I suspected. That leaves us who choose not to install the internal USB board to fabricate our own programming port connector, and considering the price of it plus an already-fabricated USB cable with Prolific device from China totals considerably less than $5 US it's a no-brainer.

The extensive documentation provided by others is priceless. Mr. Bonin's book is a gem! I'd argue installing the internal board involves about the same degree of difficulty as building a pogo pin connector, and doesn't even require taking the back cover off the HP (unless of course you want the crystal / RTC mod).

Removing the cover is nerve-wracking the first time but I did it with only my fingers following Eric Rechlin's video (I think it's Eric? Correct me if I'm wrong). It's pretty simple.

I probably will eventually install Harald's internal board when I get the itch anyway.

(01-24-2015 04:45 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  The last piece of information I'm going to leave with you is that the discontinuation of the 30b was officially announced at HHC 2014 last fall.

I am very dismayed to heard that. Very disappointing, but not surprising.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - John Galt - 01-24-2015 05:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)