[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-24-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
Yes. That's the article. As I've previously mentioned, perhaps in a another thread, and as you can see from the pictures, Harald has added the USB cable and pushbuttons to the board.

You still need to add the cable to connect it to the 30b.

After I read Katie's article (If I didn't say it before, thank you Katie) I made my own pogo connector, inspired by Katie's design. Harald and I exchanged a few emails and he was considering including the parts to make the pogo connector as a kit.

Since then I sold off kits of parts at cost to recoup my expenses. I think I had to buy 50 pogo pins and I never used the connector strips, but included them in case someone wanted to copy Katie's connector. I think I sold 7 kits of parts leaving me (50-6*7) 8 pins, minus the one that sprang across the room.

The pogo connector isn't for everyone. If you only care about flashing the calc once in a while then holding the wires in place works fine unless you're like me. If you only have a single calc and don't mind altering it, then the pin header soldered to the board or Harald's internal board is a consideration. If you flash multiple calcs then think about the pogo connector.

The last piece of information I'm going to leave with you is that the discontinuation of the 30b was officially announced at HHC 2014 last fall. So you might like to pick up a couple form ElDoradoTrading while they're still cheap. If history has taught us anything it's HP calculators go up in price after they've been discontinued.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - Dave Frederickson - 01-24-2015 04:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)