[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-24-2015, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 02:47 AM by John Galt.)
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-24-2015 02:00 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Regarding "the hard way", that was a rhetorical question. But since you brought it up, realize that there's a "bagfull" of the blue-buttoned RS-232 cables out there ...

If you know of a source for those cables, please let me know! I made that request in the very first post of this thread. It would certainly have saved me a lot of time! Even knowing its correct name would have helped. I asked for that too. I doubt searching for "blue-buttoned RS-232 cable" would have been worthwhile.

(edit: I did research the thread from the old forum as you suggested, but in it, Harald states that his is a board to convert an existing HP serial cable to USB. I did not contact Harald to confirm, but it seemed apparent from that thread that I would have needed an OEM to modify, and I failed to find any source for them. If he now sells complete cables it's news to me. That thread degenerated into a political discussion so I confess that I bailed out of it before studying it in depth. I certainly hope this thread does not suffer the same fate.)

Fortunately, with considerable help from others, I assembled my own for < $5, with plenty of parts left over to make even more mistakes than I already have. The end that connects to the programming port was a bit of a pain to fabricate, but it suits my needs. "My needs" were stated in the original post as well - "I know about Harald Pott's USB board, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, without further modifications to the calculator's hardware. "

With all appropriate credit to walter b's comment, as useful and convenient as Harald's internally mounted USB board would be, I did not want to add hardware to the WP-35s (other than the RTC of course).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - John Galt - 01-24-2015 02:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)