[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-22-2015, 05:04 PM
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-22-2015 06:29 AM)John Galt Wrote:  Except for amplitude, both Tx and Rx signals are identical which seems odd. I'm expecting an interrogation and a subsequent reply, but that's not happening. MySamBa sends three transmissions, and then it gives up. So do I.
The TX and RX signals SHOULD NOT look the same. There is something wrong with the wiring of your programming tool. One suggestion is that you use an ohmmeter to verify the connections and to verify that TX and RX are not coupled to each other in some way. Perhaps you can find someone in your area of the country to flash the WP-34S for you. Many have have been helped by others on this forum under similar circumstances. Many have reported that the ONLY ROCK SOLID environment for flashing is using
Windows 7 or XP with MySamba. It seems that the timing of the 115200 baud connection is a bit finicky
and most of the other OS configurations just don't quite get the timing right. Don't give up many have gotten through this same problem. I bet your calc isn't bricked, it is pretty rare that this happens. It may require fresh batteries for a successful flash, however, because once place in the programming mode it
consumes a lot of current until it actually gets flashed and powered down. If you press the reset button
on the back (without pressing the ON) button it will power down the calc and save the batteries. You cannot tell from the display if the calc is consuming battery power or not. Best of luck to you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - BarryMead - 01-22-2015 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)