"HP-71 BASIC Made Easy" in PDF form
10-26-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 07:52 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: "HP-71 BASIC Made Easy" in PDF form
(10-26-2014 01:14 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  How many questions did you received and were you ever stumped by any of them?

Just over 2000. Amazingly, they arrived in a steady trickle averaging two a day, so I was never either swamped or bored. I kept them all in a cardboard box until they were destroyed by a leak in my roof during a storm in the early 1990's.

Sadly, roughly half (!!!) of those letters contained exactly the same question: "What is the checksum at the end of line 023 in the CLOCKDSP lexfile hex dump?" (on page 126 of the PDF). A misprint in the book had rendered that line's checksum unreadable, so all those readers had the same aggravation of painstakingly keying in that lexfile, one hex nibble at a time, and then being forced to abort the process after all those lines! <blush, blush>

Most of the other questions were simple to answer, but yes, a few did catch me off guard. But it was easy to pretend to be the all-knowing "HP-71 Answer Man" because of the time delay between the question and the answer: I simply looked up the answer (or figured it out), and then replied oh-so-wisely... without admitting that when I had received their question I had no clue what the answer would be. Big Grin

EDIT:
(10-26-2014 01:52 AM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Hope you don't mind, but I took your PDF and added Bookmarks to it.

FYI: The online copy has been replaced by Bill's nicely bookmarked version, which is also 2/3rds the size of my original. Thanks, Bill!

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "HP-71 BASIC Made Easy" in PDF form - Joe Horn - 10-26-2014 07:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)