Got a Prime for X-mas, now what?
02-19-2014, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 10:13 AM by jebem.)
RE: Got a Prime for X-mas, now what?
Yap, I also buy most of my stuff online these days.
(Edited to correct a typo)

Coming back to the topic, I have got a HP-PRIME, now what?
Well, I realized that my humble calculator collection is missing many of the so famous (and less buggy) models, so I just acquired three another HP models from the recent past:

- One mint, as new, HP-48GII (4 x AAA battery version (!), with USB i/o), s/n CNA73800903 (2007 week 38?), for 50 Euros (Portuguese web site OLX.PT, person to person private sale, no waiting times on delivery here Smile ); the keyboard looks good and works flawlessly, I see no issues related to the initial batches that had reports on broken keys from a lot a people.

- One used, mint (I hope!) HP-49G+, serial number CNA53000403 (2005, week 30), for 35 Euros including delivery to Portugal (from Spanish web site "todocoleccion.net" auction); again, I will find out about the keyboard quality when it arrives (I can't wait!); from what I have read, there were 3 different generations of keyboards on these HP-49G+ calculators, and apparently only the latest and final batches had a good resistant keyboard, starting on s/n CNA515... This was never confirmed by HP, so we don't know what is the true behind this).

- One used, 2 years old, mint (again, I can only hope!) HP-50G, in black color, for 70 Euros including delivery to Portugal (from eBay Germany auction); I'm counting the days to have this baby in my hands to find out how close it is to my trusted and classic HP-48G+; I am a little annoyed on the price I had to pay for it, as usually the auction values never goes above 45/50 Euros for a mint item in Germany (that is why I buy so many staff there). After bidding about 3 or 4 different HP-50G items during two weeks, I decided that this one should be mine! So I used the sniper technique to make sure I would win the auction, and I did...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got a Prime for X-mas, now what? - bobh - 12-25-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Got a Prime for X-mas, now what? - jebem - 02-19-2014 11:07 PM
RE: Got a Prime for X-mas, now what? - Han - 10-01-2015, 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)