RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
11-22-2023, 07:51 PM
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
(11-21-2023 10:02 PM)floppy Wrote:  
(11-21-2023 09:26 PM)bxparks Wrote:  Yes. There is a host app that runs on Windows (TI Connect), Mac (TI Connect) or Linux (TiLP2). It gives you a view of the contents of the calculator's memory that looks like a file system. You can drag-and-drop any app or variable from the calculator to the host. You can drag-and-drop those files from the host back to the calculator.

You can also connect 2 TI calculators together through a 2.5 mm cable, and transfer files between them. I've actually never done it myself, but apparently it's possible.

Ouch. Perhaps you just signed the death of my HP35S (no exchange with PC possible with that weird one). Now the TI84+ is on my amazon list. In few days will probably make its way to me. Then after install/test probably bye bye HP35S via eBay.

The TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition would be ok? lt seems to be the highest spec version.

Bear in mind that the current version of RPN83P is not (yet) programmable like HP calculators that inspired it.

You can usually get used TI-84 Plus or Plus Silver Edition pretty cheap on eBay. I have a few. Also look out for the TI-84 Pocket Plus SE, which is quite nice and compact.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S - ijabbott - 11-22-2023 07:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)