Adhesive vinyl overlays - C47 & WP43 (DM42), WP3xS, DB48X, newRPL variants available!
10-13-2023, 03:13 PM
RE: Adhesive vinyl overlays - C47 & WP43 (DM42), WP3xS, DB48X, newRPL variants ava...
(10-13-2023 02:57 PM)johnb Wrote:  
(10-13-2023 01:39 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  I prefer the "feel" of the 3d printed case I designed around the taller keys (since the kit I bought was the "tall" key version, the existing 3d printed case that was available didn't work). I stuck with that 3D print case version of the 41C...

Does the "tall key" version just have longer posts on the keys?

I could see how that would be annoying, and how the 3D printed case would be preferable!

Just curious.

Yeah - the PX15C (and other similar variants like PX41C) are offered with a choice of buttons -- a "short" version and a "tall" version. They also offer the aluminum plates and a pre-printed bumper (to close off the sides of the aluminum plate version), and this one requires the tall buttons. This was the one I ordered. They also offer a version with the short buttons, and that one is compatible with a 3D printed case that they offer for sale, but also offer up the files to print your own case if you prefer.

I used the available files for the printed case and made modifications to it (basically remodeled it from scratch) to make it work with the version with the tall buttons. The case that they provided unfortunately didn't fit because the board was a bit larger than the case geometry, too. I think it may have been built around an older version of the PCB that was a slightly smaller footprint.

Eventually I was planning to add my "remix" of the case to Thingiverse for others to use, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't have a version of my case (that fits the newer PCB) that will work with the short key version (yet). I don't have anything to test it with to confirm fit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
C47 Overlay Update - spiff72 - 07-27-2023, 04:16 AM
RE: Adhesive vinyl overlays - C47 & WP43 (DM42), WP3xS, DB48X, newRPL variants ava... - spiff72 - 10-13-2023 03:13 PM
Pricing Update - WP34S increase - spiff72 - 11-15-2023, 03:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)