For people looking for a 3d printer
07-21-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: For people looking for a 3d printer
eried,

Yep, PLA is the easiest to start with. And the M2 has a heated bed. I run PLA at about 200C at the nozzle tip, with the bed at about 60C, printing direct to the glass with just a touch of hairspray for better sticking.

ABS (the stuff of which Lego brand blocks are made) is no problem, with the tip at about 220-230C and the bed at about 105-110C. The newer all-24-volt M2s (shipped within the last year) have no problem reaching that bed temperature. An enclosure to block drafts and trap the heat a bit helps with curling as ABS cools. Most people print ABS on Kapton tape, possibly with a little "ABS/acetone slurry" (homemade ABS cement) on it.

PET also runs with the tip at about 220-230C, but sticks great on the bed at 70C with just hairspray on the glass.

Now, back to the calculators: Should I build one of the 25-key "HP-25 40th Anniversary" designs that was posted on this board a month or two ago? Walter will want the "double-wide" ENTER^ key one (4 x 6, but with a row of five), while I submitted a "double-high" ENTER^ key design (5 x 5). Or, Walter, should I go straight to the 43-key landscape design I shared with you a year or so ago?

Dale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For people looking for a 3d printer - Dale Reed - 07-21-2014 01:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)